Energy Transition Revolution – Powering the New Age of Project Delivery
The scale, complexity and speed of the energy transition challenge requires a razor-sharp focus on successful project delivery. But engineering construction still has to deliver conventional energy-related projects. What can be learnt from the past, and what can we do differently so that energy transition and conventional energy-related projects are delivered consistently successfully for all stakeholders. This means revolutionising the way in which engineering construction delivers projects. Throughout 2023 we will be hosting online events that examine the body of knowledge and practices to achieve successful outcomes and how these can be refined, developed and applied in the context of an unprecedented need to assure effective project delivery.
We aim to collaboratively explore through participants own experiences, case studies and the latest thinking, how technologies can enhance project delivery and how to ensure success in each stage of the project.
We will be building on established principles and theory and looking at the eight ACTIVE Principles (Achieving Competitiveness Through Innovation & Value Enhancement). While these principles remain relevant, one of the purposes of this series of work will be to modernise them and bring them up to date for use in today’s world. The principles are as follows:
- Effective Project Concept & Definition
- Effective Project Team Management
- Effective Supply Chain Relationships
- Effective Information Management and Communication
- Effective Project Risk Management
- Effective Innovation & Continuous Improvement
- Effective Project Execution
- Effective Performance Measurement
We will be kicking off on the 14th March with a session on Effective Project Concept and Definition and will be discussing some of the challenges within this area, before exploring possible solutions.
- Energy Transition Community of Practice Aims & Objectives, Alison Nicholl
- How do we work together to delivery energy transition projects, John Fotherby
- Successful Project Delivery, Luigi Anselmi
- Discussion on how we collectively unlock productivity in energy transition projects